How to fit
One of the great things about Road Trip Kit bags is how quick, simple and intuitive they are to fit - securely - to your roof. Anyone can do it - they're super light and easy to handle.
There are two simple stages: (a) attaching your grip hooks to your car door frames, and (b) strapping the bag to the grip hooks.
(a) Attaching your grip hooks to your car door frames:
- Grip hooks attach to upper edge of car doorframe (open doors first!). You must use the grip hooks in vehicles that do not have roof rails to ensure the proper function of side air bags. Straps that pass under the vehicle’s roof may interfere with the deployment of these air bags.
- Pull down the rubber seal around the top of the vehicle door where you want to fit a grip hook. In most vehicles, the rubber around the doorframe is not glued but held by pressure only. After fitting or removing the hooks, the rubber can be pressed back by pushing the sides towards the centre.You have four grip hooks, one for each corner of the bag. The grip hooks are a unique design, patent pending overseas. They suit most vehicles. The hooks are available to purchase separately.
- Fit the grip hook onto the upper part of the doorframe. The hook is designed to fit in one direction only. The loop side will always face out.
- Replace the rubber seal and press back on top of the hook. Close the doors and leave the loops outside the vehicle.
- Fill your Road Trip Kit bag with your luggage.
- Attach the bag to the grip hooks while the doors are open.
(b) Strapping your bag to your vehicle:
- Place the empty bag on the vehicle roof so the zip is at the back.
- After filling the bag zip up the double-ended zip and secure it with the safety pin provided or with a lock (1).
- Pass the 4 main holding straps through the 4 loops (hooks) or though your roof rails ②. Click the top buckle shut (3).
- Then tighten the main holding straps in the following order: the front straps, right and left and then the rear straps, right and left (5).
- Click shut the buckles for the 6 short tightening straps (4) (2 at the front, 2 at the rear, 1 in the middle of each side) and tighten them well (5).
Note: the straps end with velcro. Fold the straps’ ends upwards and attach them neatly with the velcro to prevent noises during driving (5).
You are now ready to go – we wish you a safe, relaxed, fun voyage!
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or queries:
Phone: +64 (0)27 535 0933